Thursday 6 December 2012

SNOW!

Today has been spent finishing up Christmas cards and tidying up the house.  Today before work I have to send out a large package to my Dad's place for our yearly Christmas exchange!  I like having the presents under the tree, but at the same time it'll be nice to ship some stuff out of the house too ;D


Goodbye pretty packages!

A few of you wanted to see how much snow we had, so I very quickly opened up the patio door to snap some photos.. 


Look at all of the snow on the tree!  Some of the branches higher up have close to a foot of snow on them.



I think in the bottom one you can kind of see how deep it gets. I didn't feel like trekking out there to see how much there is, but I'd say it's over my knees out there!  Where Dan was working yesterday he said that within a few hours of being at work it snowed about 1/2 a foot.  The weather has been pretty chilly too, around -15C to about -25C with the windchill down to -29C. (+5F to -13F with a windchill of -20F).  Which it's really weird that it's still snowing when it's so cold out! Usually it doesn't snow when it's that cold! So THIS is why I don't run outside in the winter here, 1/2 foot of snow in a few hours makes it a little rough!


This was our old car two winters ago.  We visited my mom and we came outside the next morning and it had snowed that much!  The snow went over the hood in the front.  See the giant snow hill in front of the car? That's ANOTHER car!



So I went shopping again the other day with my mom and we hit up Michaels.  They had 60% off of tree decorations, so I picked up a few for the tree.  I love traditional/country looking decorations.




This is all I have time to post today.  I have work until late today, and running errands before then.  And then work again early tomorrow morning.  I can't wait until I have a more regular schedule.  It's tough getting in grocery shopping and house cleaning with such weird hours.  Plus I don't really feel like going out shopping in this weather!

So what's the weather like where you are?


6 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous of the amount of snow you have. We had a few inches here (in the UP of Michigan), but the temperature went back up so it all melted. I also hit the sales at Michaels. They have the best ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh MY!
    that's a LOT of snow!
    we are having quite a funny winter so far. Definitely not as cold as it usually is. Although I love seeing the pretty snow, I'm sooo glad it's stayed away for the most part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the snow.. especially after it melts! It's been a cold winter here. Sort of odd considering the rest of the country has been mild so far!

      Delete
  3. OH MY God!!!! Thats a lot of snow. Phew--cannot imagine how much time will it take to get rid of it.

    It's cold where I stay--but no snow, as its the plains. But, it hinders my day--this weather. Do you find it easy to get up in the morning's Daphe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the city crew is really good at cleaning the streets before I leave for work so it's not so bad to drive in. And where I live the sidewalks are always clean so I don't have to go out into deep snow often. It's just the cold that gets to me!

      I don't mind the snow really, what bothers me more is how icy the roads get, it's scary to drive on then!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I feel so lazy and deprived of Christmas spirit after reading some of your posts about Christmas stuff lately! Those decorations look really cute, I really like the traditional look too!

    I remember that morning with the cars covered in snow! I'm glad it hasn't snowed that much overnight again, such a pain to shovel.

    ReplyDelete