Monday 10 December 2012

A rose for your troubles

One of my goals this month is to touch base with Dan every day about where I am emotionally and physically with my weight loss and goals.  So last night we had about half an hour before he had to go to bed and I let him know just how rough December feels for me.  I was upset by my binge the night before and upset that I haven't seen him in days and that he was going right back to work again.  It was a great talk and I'm glad that I made that a daily goal.


Today I woke up and I was determined that today was going to be a relaxing day.  I went and dropped off toys at the mall to be donated and grabbed a quick lunch.  When I got home I wrapped up all of my Christmas gifts. (Guess who's done already!) It was so nice to sit on my office floor and listen to Christmas music and happily wrap gifts.  I used to have a hard time wrapping gifts on the floor because once I got down there, there was NO way I was getting back up.  If I forgot the tape, I would seriously sit there and wonder if it would be easier to roll across the floor to get the tape.  It was so nice to be able to sit on the floor, and jump up on my feet if need be to grab things and move things around.  Weight loss really effects everything!

This afternoon I felt reluctant to jump on the treadmill. I really wanted today to be about me and to just relax.  Eventually I just got up and headed to the basement and refused to think about NOT doing it.  I just jumped on and started.  I listened to today's new Half size me podcast.  I was in tears listening to the woman she interviewed.  When she got down to her goal weight, over 50 of her friends and family threw her a giant party where she got to wear a new red dress and walk down a red carpet.  She even wore a big raincoat to take off and "reveal" her new size to everyone.  For some reason I started crying and crying! Good thing I only had a minute left on the treadmill otherwise I might of had to stop to blow my nose!



I'm SO glad I just decided to run today.  I felt fantastic the whole time. I stayed at 4.5 mph the whole time but I changed my steps so that my stride was shorter instead of stretching my legs out so much. It was a lot easier to run that way.  The run literally flew by! 

Our treadmill is in the basement and I heard Dan come home while I was running.  When I got off of the treadmill and headed upstairs I saw that he left flowers and a card for me at the top of the stairs!  He said it was because I was going through a rough time lately and he was sorry that he was working so much!  I cried and cried! (The second time in ten minutes, oi!!)  I've been feeling so bad for him that he's been working so much, had little sleep and terrible food.  I'm so blessed that he thought of me.

He picked out the flowers himself, and asked the florist if they went together. They sure do! 

Since Dan is home before supper tonight we're going to be actually spending the evening together.  It's a goal of ours to spend at least two consecutive hours together a week.  We didn't get to last week, so maybe I can sneak in a few extra hours tonight, hah!

Thank you all also for the comments on my last post.  I used to think that I was weird and my weight struggles where just me.  I thought that I was weak and a million other terrible things.  Now I know that we all have struggles.  Mine is weight and food, and really that's not all that uncommon now is it?

Do you have a favourite flower?  My favourite are Black magic roses. (They're a dark dark red)





10 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that your husband got you the flowers and his explanation for giving them too you. :)
    I don't think I've ever seen a black magic rose, they sound beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite flower is the calla lily. I don't know what it is about them, but I just think they are beautiful.

    That was so sweet of Dan. I read that about you guys wanting to spend 2 consecutive hours together each week and it made me think of my own life. I've been there with my husband and it sucks. We're not in that place anymore; we are lucky enough to eat dinner together and go to bed together almost every night and your post reminded me that I sometimes take that for granted. So thanks for reminding me to be grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning we ended up being able to have breakfast together, it was so awesome. It's something to really be thankful for :)

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh, he is just LOVELY. aww my girl. I just caught up on things..you are amazing, amazing, amazing. Just know that SO many people reading you are inspired by you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! He did good. What are black magic roses? I don't think I've ever seen them.

    My favorite flowers are dahlias, sunflowers and lilies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're basically a really dark red rose, almost going to blackish. I love Dahlias too!

      Delete
  5. Ok actually I don't get how to link up our blogs! How do I get notifications about when you put up a new blog? Ah!

    OK I'm determined to figure this out...

    Also, you are so incredible! I can't believe how far you've come! I need to learn to have some willpower like you!

    ReplyDelete