Monday 14 January 2013

New foods for 2013, Brie!

In April of last year Dan and I went down to Calgary to go to the Comic & Entertainment Expo.  While there we went to a few different restaurants, and at one of them I tried a really neat dish. Pear & Brie on flatbread.  It was A-MA-ZING!

Brie was on my list of  "foods to try" in 2013, so I thought that I would try to re-create this dish at home.  It was actually very easy to do, and super tasty.



Carmelized Pear and Brie on Flatbread

Ingredients:
1 pear sliced thinly
1 tbsp butter/margarine
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 flatbread/tortilla
1/2 small wheel of brie (approx 40g)
pinch of Cinnamon

**1. Set skillet to medium heat, and melt butter.  Once melted stir in brown sugar, then add the pear.  Top with Cinnamon and cover. Stir occasionally.  Cook until pear is tender.

2. Place caramelized pear onto the flatbread  and top with sliced brie.

3. Place flatbread on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F until brie is melted, edges of the flatbread is brown and the center is crisp.  You do not want the center to be soggy.

Servings: 2  Calories: 224 a serving (with light margarine)
**Step 1 Is optional, you don't have to carmelize the pear.  Instead you could toss the sliced pear with olive oil and top with cinnamon, then place it on the flat bread.


This recipe was very easy to make, and would work as a side dish to a meal with lots of greens and protein or would make a great appetizer or a snack to share.

Enjoy, and remember.. I'm always looking for new recipes to add to my list!

6 comments:

  1. That...looks amazingly good! I think I might have to try this sometime, I'm getting really hungry just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! Have you ever wanted to try something Indian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brie - and that looks wonderful!!! I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy, that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! What a delicious snack. I'm definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete