Monday 28 January 2013

Don't worry, be happy.

Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.  I do apologize for being absent, however!

After I got back from my weekend visiting my mom, I asked Dan to stay home with me for a few days.  Not only was a feeling rough physically, but I was feeling rough mentally.  Dan stayed home and helped me out around the house, and took me to all sorts of Doctors appointments, and took me to get lab work done.  While trying to figure out why I couldn't eat, my back went out again and it went out pretty badly.

We went out of town to see my family doctor again (because I couldn't get in to see anyone else), and told him that it's really tough not being able to eat and having stomach pain.  Again, he was a bit frustrating.  He kept telling me to take Rolaids for my nausea (I told him I had stabbing pain, NOT nausea but he insisted on Malox or Rolaids).  He also told me that if it was Ovarian Hyper-stimulation syndrome, that I just had to ride it out.  I told him that I had contacted a woman who was taking female patients wanting to get pregnant/who are pregnant and that she had set up an ultrasound for me to see if I had any issues.  He seemed pleased with that and sent me on my way home.

On my way home I noticed pressure in my lower back, and my right leg felt really heavy.  When we got home I got Dan to rub my back, but that made it WAY worse.  My right leg and foot started twitching and spasming like crazy.  I tried taking a bath, but nothing really helped.

Right away, I could barely move my foot at all. I physically couldn't point my toes, the muscles just wouldn't work, and some of my toes wouldn't move at all.  I contacted a family member who is a nurse, and he assured me that it all sounded like it was stemming from my back pain, probably a pinched nerve.  So I curled up on my bed and slowly the spasming in my foot and leg went away.  Over the past few days I've had shooting pain in my leg and in my back, and my feet have wanted to cramp, but it's slowly going away.

On Saturday I had my only shift of the week at work, it was only 4 hours and I couldn't finish it.  Not because of back pain, but because my feet wanted to cramp up!  I also missed my shift yesterday too and tried to spend most of my time lying down.

Today my back is feeling better, and my leg no longer feels "heavy".  But I'm still having issues with my right foot, and my back still aches a little.  I have a Chiropractor and acupuncture appointment tomorrow, so I hope that helps.  I really don't feel like going to my family doctor AGAIN.

I hope to be writing more as my back feels better.  Right now it hurts to sit at a computer, so that's one reason why I'm not on much.  And it's only been in the past two days that my appetite has been coming back, so hopefully my fatigue will disappear soon too.  I really want to get back to cooking, and working out.  I hope to get some tips too from the Chiropractor when I go tomorrow.

I really have done nothing but lie down all month.  Either from my back, fatigue, my stomach, or my feet hurting/cramping up (from my back being out).  So needless to say I'm going absolutely stir crazy at home!

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I felt okay to go out.  So Dan and I went out for lunch at the mall.  We went to Moxie's and I had a turkey club with fries.  I wasn't worried about the calories since I have really under-eaten all week, and it was my first time having a healthy appetite.

I had planned on also walking around the mall a bit just to get in a bit of exercise and hopefully loosen up a few muscles, but sitting through lunch made my back hurt.  So we walked down the long hallway in the mall and decided to head home.  Either way, getting out and having a nice meal was a treat and I was in such a great mood for the rest of the day.  Dan had worked until about 4AM that morning, and he wasn't called in to work yesterday after he got home so we got to spend the rest of the day together.

Here's hoping my back gets better soon, and it's smooth sailing after that!  I haven't run all month, heck I could barely walk for most of the month!  My weight sky-rocketed with the swelling, but thankfully that has gone back down, and I'm only about 0.5lbs heavier than my lightest weight and I'm only about 1.5 inches bigger than my smallest.  So I lost about 2.5 inches this past week with the swelling going down and my stomach no longer feels like I have a beach ball in it.

There is lots to be grateful for.  Sometimes it's just hard when you're stuck in bed, no family members live by and you've exhausted your entertainment.  (Really, there isn't much to do when you can only lie on your side!)  But I seem to be getting better.  I have two work shifts at the end of the week, and I hope to be all better by then.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! That sounds really rough! Take it easy...hope you're better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you feel like tea when I get back to town that would be lovely. Btw did I mention your skinny picture is freakin hawt!! Lol. Lots of hugs. I'd be doped up on robaxacet if I were you! Love you! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete