Wednesday 14 November 2012

Thank you! And time to push through the run you don't want to finish.

First thing I want to say guys, is thank you for all of the feedback.  Tomorrow marks the one month anniversary (*throws confetti*) of me starting this blog and I'm overwhelmed by the support I have received   I already have well over 2k page views!  I have been getting emails, phone calls, texts, Sparkpeople messages, and facebook messages almost every day from people either praising the blog or asking advice.  It's really overwhelming and helps solidify this dream!  Now onto the regularly scheduled post...



This morning I totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed!  This tends to happen to me a lot in the winter time.  I get focused on one tiny insignificant negative thing and my brain blows it out of proportion!  For instance, if I come home from work and realize that I didn't wash the dishes the night before and they're piled up I could probably karate chop the counter in half.  No, I don't have terrible anger issues.  I just get irritable when it's this time of year.  A combination of cranky customers, extra hours at work, and not enough sunlight! I LOVE my sunlight!

Instead of letting my anger stew, I decided to treat myself to one of my favourite breakfasts.  I made eggs Benedict   Taking the time to prepare the sauce and poach the eggs took me away from my normal routine and helped kick the blues away.  Then when I ate breakfast I turned on my goLite for an extra 15 minutes.  I think I probably just need to amp up the light a bit as we get less and less sunlight.

This morning I've had a bit of a queasy stomach but I decided to do my run anyways.  It started out not too bad, I even started out much faster than normal at 4.5 mph but about 15 minutes into the 30 minute run I started getting super anxious.  I mean, sometimes when I run I get anxious about how much longer I have and I feel terrible so I want to quit.  So I told myself "just another quarter mile"  or "another two minutes" and I'd quit. I was VERY sure I was going to quit, but I stuck to the run despite feeling like trash.  I focused on the podcast I was listening to and eventually quit psyching myself out and finished.  By the end I felt very heavy and SO hot.  Like my face was really warm.  I don't have a fever but usually I don't feel so crummy during and afterwards.  Maybe I feel irritable because I'm getting sick? I think for my next run I'll wear shorts and pull out a fan.


I still ended up doing 5k, this is including the 10 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down.  I also tried taking a picture of my workout outfit. It's pretty cute but I'll have to do it either when I get a tall mirror or when Dan's home.  Basically black Yoga pants and a shirt with cute neon pipping down the sides that I got at Addition Elle.  One of my goals is to wear a cute ruffly running skirt one day (and not look ridiculous!).


So, some good news! My goal at the beginning of the month was to hit the 220's before the end of the month and to do 5k in one workout. I've hit both goals already!  I'm just under 229 lbs and I've done 5k twice now!

I find it much easier to set small very attainable goals for myself.  I don't focus on the fact that I have nearly 90 lbs to lose yet. I focus on the next pound.  I have never been this weight before so every time I lose a pound I can say that I've never really been that small before.  Every pound lost is a blessing.  I don't set a weight loss goal for the month or even the week. I take it day by day and hope to lose 1-2 pounds a week.  If I don't I don't stress about it, I just reflect on my week and adjust what I need to.  Setting attainable goals is important.  I do have a long term goal of hitting 150 by my next birthday in just over a year.  But that's not set in stone.  I just hope that I can do that.  Maybe a part of me is still thinking that I will fail and not to give my hopes up.  All that I know is that there is no use worrying over the big loss I have, and just focus on what I can do now, this week.

Speaking of 5k, I've signed up for a 5k online with A Journey To Thin. It's the Thankful Healthy Blogger Virtual 5k. (American Thanksgiving 5k!).

I have no idea how to make the picture link to her post, so sign up HERE!

I'm not sure if I can run the whole thing, but I'll give it a try just to say I participated.  I'll be doing it Friday after work, which I'll be waking up around 4:15 am that day to do inventory at work.  So hopefully I'm still good to go afterwards!


The other day Dan mentioned that I never wear my wedding rings anymore.  I told him that they just don't fit, and that they need to be resized.  He figured it was just the cold weather that my hands didn't shrink that much considering that I already had slender hands and fingers.  So I decided to wear my wedding band to work yesterday.  NOT a good idea! I almost lost it!  It's definitely not the cold, my hands have lost a lot of fat.


My wedding band and first anniversary band fit quite well on my other (bigger) fingers.  After I took this photo I tried them on my thumb and they fit perfectly on my thumb too!  My ring size just before the wedding was 7.25.  I'm interested in seeing what size they are now when I go to get them sized.


Okay, I take it back.  Looking at photos of the wedding I can tell that my fingers are more slender. Funny how I thought they where so small then!






7 comments:

  1. Hey Daphne! I want to start counting calories... but I don't know where to start :/. Any chance you can please help?

    Feel free to Facebook me, I can't seem to login right now.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your fingers are really slender :)
    Would love to see your work-out outfit sounds mice!
    One Q, where do you listen to podcasts? (for android)
    http://kickingkilos.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I listen to Half size me (http://www.halfsizeme.com/) She has her podcasts on iTunes and on Stitcher radio (which you can find on her page)

      Delete
    2. Okie...Will try to figure out. iam sure its simple..But it goes above my head Lol

      Delete
    3. Okie...Will try to figure out. iam sure its simple..But it goes above my head Lol

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely!
    I'm sorry you weren't feeling great after the run. But, I COMPLETELY relate to sometimes feeling anxious and a bit overwhelmed during the run. I think it's so mentally challenging(running) and our minds want to stop long before our bodies do. WAY To go for pushing through. Be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the mental part is hard to get around. It's nice to know that I *can* do it because I have before. :D

      Delete