Wednesday 19 June 2013

Baby Bean is a....

If you've just stumbled upon my blog looking for weight loss advice please check out the side bar to the left, and top posts to the right.  It might also help to start at the beginning of my posts and read forward to current date.  I'm currently not updating as often, partially due to my pregnancy and partially due to other medical concerns.  I still check my email so feel free to email me at:  daphne@daphnealive.com  if you have any questions.  Or check out my Facebook Page!



I'll give you all good news first!  Our beautiful baby "Bean" is healthy and well!  I was told to bring a bunch of extra clothing and to be prepared to stay for awhile.  So I did.  I brought a whole mini suitcase filled with stuff I might need.  

When we got to the women's hospital I had to fill out some paperwork and sit and wait for awhile.  Maybe an hour at most.  The hospital was beautiful and huge and so many windows.  I had so much to look at just looking around, you can tell I'm used to our small local hospital.  When we where called in we where told that Dan could stay for the entire ultrasound which was a treat!  Usually they just call the husbands in afterwards and give them a little tour of the baby's landscape.  This time he got to see the sonographer measure arms and legs, and so on.  Afterwards a doctor came in and told us that although the fluid was still low that our baby was perfectly healthy and he didn't see any reason to be concerned.  He did ask that we come back in two weeks for another ultrasound to double check that everything is still going swimmingly (ha!).

We did some baby shopping afterwards at Babies 'r' us since we don't have one where we live and I've been dying to go there!  We bought a high chair, a stuffed toy, some crib sheets and a mobile.  We also hit up the Disney store and bought a little Tigger onesie with a matching hat!  Buying things in a bigger city is so much fun!

The car ride was absolutely the worst part.  After about half an hour in a vehicle my legs start to either ache or fall asleep.  After an hour I have to get out and walk around for about 10 minutes or so.  It rained for most of the way so it was a pretty miserable trip in that sense.  Hopefully I'll be in a roomier vehicle on my next trip down so I get more leg room.  My car is cute, but cramped.


On Monday we had our gender reveal BBQ!  We've known since May 8th what the gender was but we where waiting for another ultrasound to confirm what we saw.  Since all the ultrasounds  where fuzzy and not very good we where a bit hesitant that the first ultrasound was correct.  Well it seems that Bean wanted to hide his heart, head size all that fun stuff, but when it came to between the legs he was more than willing to spread 'em all three times!

We had a small BBQ with our parents, siblings and a few very close friends.  Afterwards we brought out cupcakes for everyone to have.  Inside revealed whether it was a boy or girl!

It's a boy!

When we had our first ultrasound the sonographer brought the wand down for the gender shot and said, "and here are the boy parts!"  I was completely shocked!  I don't even think I said anything.  I didn't cry or anything.  I just laid there with my belly exposed and I was thinking... "I'm growing a penis?!"

Yes, that's exactly what I thought.

Now that the shock is over I'm so so excited!  I had always planned on a dinosaur theme for the nursery.  I found some stuff on etsy that could work for either a baby boy or girl.  (Think pink dinosaurs with bows or blue dinosaurs).  So this solidified the dinosaur theme.

On the left is the baby blanket I crocheted, and in the center is the dinosaur I bought as babys first new stuffed toy.  On the left is a blue dinosaur blanket.

All of the old wives tales pointed to boy, except for the Chinese baby predictor that one said girl.  So Dan had guessed boy and I had guessed girl.  Mostly because girl stuff was more fun to look at!


I have a post planned about this new food subscription I found online.  I was really hungry and full of pregnancy cravings in the middle of the night about 3 months ago and I found a place online that ships you food to your house once a month.  Most of the food is either Organic, gluten free, healthy etc.  Most of it is made in Canada also.  Unfortunately it's not available outside of Canada, but so far I've gotten two months worth of snacks and they're all awesome!  I'm hoping to get the post up tomorrow.  Food.ee is what it's called if you want to check it out in the meantime.


Thank you all for sticking around, I have been terrible with posting and have been completely preoccupied with baby stuff.  If I'm not doing baby stuff then I'm either trying to spend as much time with Dan since he worked like a dog all winter, or resting.  I start my third trimester soon and I've been getting tired!


7 comments:

  1. "but when it came to between the legs he was more than willing to spread 'em all three times!"

    You're hilarious! I'm so excited you're having a boy! I hope I get to meet him before he's 2! Sad I won't see you in August, but so happy for you and Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your baby boy! That's so fantastic!! I'm so glad you & baby are doing well! The cupcake idea was so cute!

    I'm also so glad you found that food subscription site. I had written to you about the grocery store delivery idea a while back when you were first having a lot of trouble walking and standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right! Too bad grocery stores don't deliver here :( But the snack idea was pretty awesome, especially considering it's hard to find new interesting foods in a small city!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! Great cupcake idea and I love your dino theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the baby boy!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha, I was cracking up at your "I'm growing a penis" comment!

    Congrats to you both!!

    ReplyDelete