Monday 15 October 2012

The month of October to date. 100 lbs lost photos.

Hi, and welcome to my blog!  I'm not going to bother with an introductory post.  If you take time to look around the blog you'll understand me pretty quick!

October has been quite a good month so far, at the end of September I hit my big 100 lbs lost!  Daniel happened to be home (for once!) so we quickly snapped a few photos for comparison.  Here are a few:




Obviously you can see I still have a ways to go, but the pace is good and my mindset is in the right place to make this happen!



On the 3rd we started our mini one week vacation and headed to Jasper (I need to go to the Alberta Mountains once a year to get my fix!).  We really didn't have a plan about what we where going to do, but once we got there we decided that we really wanted to go to Malinge Canyon again.  It's absolutely beautiful  and with our new camera I wanted to see if we could take some wintery/fall photos.


At Maligne Canyon they have trails and a total of 6 bridges you can go over.  The first 3 are close together, 4 is a little farther away, and both 5 & 6 are a decent hike.  Two years ago we decided to head down to bridge 4 and I could barely make it.  I had to stop every few minutes because all of my muscles where aching so badly and felt like cramping up.  This year was so much easier. I mean, sure I complained on the hike uphill but the only reason I was aching was because I wore inappropriate shoes and my feet hurt after. 

The next day we headed to Maligne Lake and went on their boat tour, then did their 3.2km hiking loop.




I know every year I say I had a fantastic time in Jasper and that it was the best trip EVER... well this really was the best trip EVER!  I just wish the tram was open, but it was closed early due to snow.

After we got back it was Thanksgiving and since Daniel and I have never had a Thanksgiving alone at home before (nor has he been home from work if I've had the day off) so I decided to make some turkey, stuffing, potatoes and we had a treat of cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie!  It was a meal to die for, really!


So today was spent home with Daniel.  He presumably hasn't been called out to work because it rained cats and dogs yesterday, and when you drive a big ol' truck it tends to get stuck in the mud.  So today we went grocery shopping, and I went on the search for snacks that would a)Satisfy a craving b)Do it in the healthiest way.  Now I crave salty snacks, like chips.  So I found those Special K chips in Sour Cream and Onion, and I found Pepperidge Farm cracker chips in Zesty Chile Lime.  I also picked up some Salsa (as opposed to chip dip!), some light Babybel, Oikos yogurt, and well.. another pumpkin pie.  I'm not opposed to pumpkin pie, it's just that I tend to obsess over pumpkin this time of year.  I am allowing myself one slice a day so that I don't go overboard and binge.

I've tried the Special K chips and their amazing, and the Pepperidge farm ones are just about on par calorie wise, and they're super tasty too!  The best part is, once I had my serving I was satisfied! I don't have the urge to eat the whole bag.  Perfect snack!

So, if you happen to come across this post, what is your favourite snack?



8 comments:

  1. My fave snack right now are White Cheddar rice cakes. We've run out and that makes me sad...but two rice cakes and my munchies are gone, which is a hell of a lot better than eating half a bag of salt and vinegar chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I forgot about rice cakes! I *love* the white cheddar ones. Those will be on my list next time!

      Delete
  2. My fav would be whole wheat Ritz crackers! So tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty good :) The buttery taste of Ritz is addicting!

      Delete
  3. I also love the rice cakes. My fav is caramel flavored (caramel is my Achilles heel and I love being able to taste it in a healthy way). Also, I discovered recently (by way of someone bringing a box to my work to share) that Kashi has a pumpkin flavored granola bar. It was delicious and filling.

    I hope this doesn't mean you're going to stop blogging at SP because I really enjoy following someone who has had so much success. At least link it, so I can continue to follow you! (skinnyb----)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right! The Pumpkin Kashi bars are pretty good too. They have one kind that's chocolate and cherry too, I only get that every few months because I tend to eat them all within a few days!

      Don't worry, I will link my blog on Spark People every time I make a new post since I do have followers on there.

      Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  4. I love Special K cereal with some chocochips in it.;)
    (130cals)
    Also a recipe I found on Sparkpeople" No pudge fudge"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate chips! Oh, I might get addicted to that! Sounds delish! And I'm going to look up that "No pudge fudge" right now, thanks!

      Delete