Sunday 25 November 2012

Journey concert, and new comparison photos

So I know that Dan TOTALLY meant the Journey concert to be a surprise, but I figured it out!  I knew that he asked what I was doing Saturday, and I knew that Journey was playing that day.  I put two and two together and guessed!  I guess Dan collaborated with my boss to get the evening off! Those sneaky dudes!!


Since I hadn't planned on going I didn't know who was opening for them.  I was pretty surprised to find out that Night Ranger and Loverboy opened for them!  It was a pretty awesome concert.  One of the more laid back concerts I've been to.

Waiting for Night Ranger to start. Wore my coat because it was SO COLD!!

Arnel Pineda, lead singer. Photo by our local newspaper.

It was a really fun concert, albeit VERY cold.  That's what happens when it's in an arena!  At the end of the concert they shot off confetti canons and there was so much confetti that it covered our shoes completely.  We where pulling confetti out of our pockets even when we got home!  Also, there where some pretty funny dudes making snow angels in the confetti too.  

They played some new songs from their new album which was SO GOOD.  I'm excited that they're making new stuff.

When we got home I had a really hard time warming up.  I find the smaller I get, the more cold I am! I had to eventually stick my feet in the bathtub.  I really wanted a hot bath, but I realized it needed a good scrubbing (doesn't that happen right when you want a bath?!)Then  I curled up in multiple layers and blankets in bed!

Today I woke up still wanting a bath.  I decided that scrubbing the tub would be this mornings project.  This might not sound like a big deal, but it is.  Usually I leave cleaning the tub to Dan.  You see when I was bigger cleaning the tub was something I had a really hard time doing.  I couldn't go down on my knees, it hurt too badly.  I also had a really hard time getting up afterwards too.  If I sat on the edge of the tub to clean, I had a hard time bending down because my stomach was in the way. (And because my stomach was in the way, I actually had a hard time seeing what I was scrubbing).  Then after about 5 minutes of being bent over my back would give out and I'd have to spend the rest of the day in bed with a sore back.  So today is the first time in about 4 years that I've cleaned the tub!  I had no issues with my knees or my back at all!  

Sometimes it's hard to remember that I can go on my hands and knees to get things or to clean things.  I still find myself asking Dan to get something out of the back of a bottom cupboard because it was too low to get to.  Sometimes I forget that I can do it myself!

Bought from Dollarama because they're so long and cute.  They had holes in the fingers though!

So after I scrubbed the tub I had my first bath in about 5 years! I haven't had a bath before that because I never fit in the tub!  I would put in a teaspoon of water (maybe a titch more) and it would be overflowing because I was so heavy.  Then my stomach would rub against both sides of the tub.  Eventually my back would start to hurt.  Then came the struggle of trying to get out.  I would basically roll around trying to get a good angle to hoist myself out.  Or roll onto my knees and hope I didn't hurt them.  It wasn't fun or relaxing at all.  

Let me tell you, my bath today was so cool! I felt like I had a pool to myself! I didn't rub against the sides or overflow it when I got in and I had zero trouble getting out.  I'm amazed at the change, I thought it'd be the same as when I was bigger, just a liiittllee less trouble as before.  But the difference was like night and day!



Usually my weigh in days are Fridays, but this week I've decided to change it to Sundays.  I rarely work Sundays so I have more time in the mornings to weigh in and get my measurements.  I was shocked to find that I lost a POUND this week!  I only ran once and I was very sloppy with my eating.  I was almost expecting a gain!  I went over in calories almost every day this past week, and I definitely went overboard on my birthday and the night of the concert.

The past few weeks I've been running about 2-3 times a week and doing fairly well with calories and losing very little.  I wonder if I wasn't eating enough on the days I worked out?  I usually eat 150-200 calories more on my workout days.  I'll see how this week goes and see if I lose as expected, or if I have another slow loss week.  If I do, then maybe I need to increase my calories a little.

It's funny how every pound I lose, I make up excuses to why I'm lighter.  Like I can't trust that I lost the weight on my own.  I go, "well maybe it's not a loss, maybe I'm just dehydrated."  Or, "I didn't work out enough this week, I bet I'll have a gain next week."  I don't really trust that a new low is real.  I'm not sure why, but that's the way it is.


Today I ran for 30 minutes and hit 2.96 miles. I started at 4.4 mph.  25 minutes in I upped it to 4.5 mph, then for the last two minutes I upped it to 4.6 mph. (Because I can do anything for two minutes!)



My run started out kind of shaky.  Literally!  My treadmill was rocking all over the damn place.  It's in our basement and the cement  goes down a bit towards a drain so we have to prop up one of the corners a little with cardboard.  I had to hop off twice to fix it, and then I couldn't get the emergency off line to stay hooked up to my shirt!

I've determined something today.  Yoga wear is NOT ideal for running in.  Unfortunately all the workout clothes you find in plus sizes are all marketed as "Yoga this" and "Yoga that".  It's hard to find anything else.  I'm going to stick to tank tops and shorts for now until I can find something more breathable in my size.

Before my workout, wearing the only tank top I could find!


Today I was fiddling around with a new scrap booking program I bought awhile ago.  I made a new comparison photo, and I think it's kind of cute! I used a bunch of my birthday pictures in it.



I also posted it in my Weight loss timeline in photos page.  Aaannddd on Pinterest.  Because why not?

I was looking through old photos and it's so weird to look at them.  Part of me remembers what I felt like in the photo.  Sitting there with all the fat propping me up and feeling uncomfortable.  Another part of me feels like I'm seeing someone different.  Like I'm not that person anymore and I can no longer identify with her.  I wonder if I'll still feel that way about how I look now, when I'm down to my goal weight?  I wonder if I'll think that 227lbs was horridly huge and think I looked terrible?

When I take the weight loss photos I am always pleased with how I look, but when I go back to those photos I always think, "You have no idea how much better you're going to look and feel!".  I'm curious to see how I'm going to look at a normal weight.  To see what the "real" Daphne looks like.


6 comments:

  1. aww what a sweet gesture to get you to the concert!

    Love the comparison picture, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning. SO CUTE in the new photo, the blue looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm partial to red but I'm really loving new colours this year :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting those new comparison pics. Today was an 'f this' day for me and I appreciate seeing the side by side. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed the concert. I love surprises... I wish my hubby gives me one soon :D

    Nice pics & I did not know about you being on twitter/Pinterest. I'm following you on twitter though
    xo

    ReplyDelete